Thursday 27 December 2018

Religion is not True Freedom



Happy Holidays.

I am feeling blessed today—whatever that means, and grateful to be alive. 

However, I've never been able to pin myself down...or subscribe to any specific religion.

I hate Labels.

I don't even like the negative terminology used for people like me, Agnostic..or Atheist.

The reason being, that once I pin a religious label on my myself, metaphorically speaking, I then become a large human target.

At least that's how I would likely feel.

The Christians are at war with the Atheists, the Muslims are at war with the Christians..the Jews hate the Germans...and with good reason. 

Adolf Hitler wanted Jewish people eradicated from the earth.

I guess my point here, is that I have no desire to become a large human target for some other group to "cast the first stones" at.

Important here to note also, that I've been thoroughly schooled in religiousness by friends of Bill Wilson, (AA religiousness) and also by relatives who are fully immersed in Christianity. 

They all seem happy to glorify and dwell in the lord while ignoring the obvious divisiveness of the Baptist, Jehovah Witness, and Pentecostal churches. 

I was sent to Sunday school when I was a toddler. 

And, although I am interested in the wisdom and philosophy of all these ancient sects, it is my opinion that they all lead to heated arguments, further divisions and bad feelings..and, most of all, they all desire a large percentage of a man's hard earned wages. 

It's all about the money...it always is. 

We are all free to worship..you say?

A belief in God is not free nor is it true Freedom.

I feel that, as the great Krishnamurti once stated, "..'truth' is a pathless land and it cannot be reached by following any path."

That being said, I am following the path of Mother Nature.

I feel that following mother nature is the way to True Freedom. 

Some say that is the true God.

And that Nature is the road that leads to a full and fulfilling life.

Even if it is only "simple living."

Even if it is living toward an old age and then wilting away like an old growth pine.

At least it's a natural process.

Nature leads all living things back to dust.

And that, to me, is God.

And that, to me, is True Freedom. 

 GWM/12/27/18

Quotes from Krishnamurti: 

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
We all want to be famous people, and the moment we want to be something we are no longer free.
I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Puzzle of Life - Human Nature

A footnote to my recovery: Personally speaking, this phenomenon called Human Nature continues to puzzle the hell out of me. Especial...